The University of Memphis Athletic Department, coaches, student-athletes and staff are honored to meet the requests of Tiger fans. We support thousands of worldwide charitable causes and events each year. We make every effort to accommodate as many requests as possible. However, due to the number of requests we receive on a monthly basis, we are unable to accommodate requests that do not fit within our guidelines. The following is a guide to department policy regarding requests.
- The necessary application must be completed in its entirety, a minimum of 4 weeks prior to the requested deadline, before Memphis Athletics will consider the request. Please keep in mind that extra time may be necessary during the season.
- Completion of a request form in a timely manner, and approval from the Compliance Office, does not guarantee the Athletic Marketing Office will fulfill the request.
- Memphis Athletics items will not be donated to other colleges or universities.
- Pursuant to NCAA regulations, items will not be donated to any entity that benefits a high-school, high-school aged students, or affiliates of any high-school aged students.
Charitable Item Guidelines
The Athletic Department will not support:
Donation Request Form
- Organizations that discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, gender or national origin.
- Individuals (Donations are only provided to non-profit organizations not individuals).
- Organizations or programs designed to influence legislation or elect candidates to public office.
- Organizations outside of the U.S.
- Organizations not registered as a charity or 'not-for-profit' entity.
- Organizations that do not adhere to NCAA rules and regulations.
Please view the official University of Memphis Donation Request Form at the link below. Print out the PDF, complete the form, and fax it to the number on the form at least four weeks prior to the event.
Donation Request Form
Requests for Special Appearances
Appearances by student-athletes are regulated by the U of M Athletics Compliance staff in accordance to NCAA regulations.
Appearances by coaching staff members are regulated by the Compliance staff in coordination with the Director of Athletics. In addition, coaching staff members are precluded from appearing in commercials and promotional activities unless approved by the Director of Athletics and the multimedia rights partner, Tiger Sports Properties.
Please see the Athletic Compliance Office in 109 Athletic Office Building or call 901-678-2088.
Special Appearance Request Form
Please view the official University of Memphis Special Appearance Request Form at the link below. Print out the PDF, complete the form, and fax it to the number on the form at least 4 weeks prior to the event.
Promotional Activities Form
Frequently Asked Questions
- Does Memphis Athletics accept donation requests from out-of-state organizations?
Memphis Athletics does accept requests from out-of-state organizations; however, the organization must provide a FedEx account number to pay for shipping and handling along with the donation request form.
- Do the Tigers donate autographed items to individuals?
Memphis Athletics provides autographed items to charitable, educational and some institutional entities, which is usually limited to organizations, not individuals.
- Will Memphis Athletics provide items for autographs?
No. As long as the request is approved by the U of M Compliance staff, the Memphis Athletic Department is more than willing to complete the donation request, but it is up to the organization to supply the item(s).
- How often am I eligible to receive donation requests throughout the year?
Due to the number of requests Memphis Athletics receives per year, the department asks you to limit your requests to one per calendar year.
- Will U of M student-athletes and/or coaches make personal appearances?
Yes. Memphis Athletics and our student-athletes enjoy visiting schools, organizations and giving back to the community. The Compliance Office and Marketing Department must approve all requests. Even if the University approves the request, there is no guarantee that the student-athlete and/or coaches will be willing and able to fulfill the request.
- Will the student-athletes autograph items for donation?
No. This rule is enforced and governed by the NCAA. The student-athletes are unable to sign any item, autographs are strictly for coaches.
- Will Memphis Athletics consider a donation to a profitable corporate entity?
No. This rule is strictly enforced and governed by the NCAA. Memphis Athletics is also prohibited from providing any item to a charitable organization/event that is sponsored or cosponsored by a commercial entity.