March 30, 2011
- Memphis recorded a shutout for the first time since March 7, 2009 in a 6-0 victory over Valparaiso.
- Memphis scored its 35th run after a lead-off man reached base in the first inning.
- The Tigers improved to 7-1 when scoring in the first inning.
- The U of M broke an 0-7 slump with the bases loaded with Martinez' single fourth inning.
- That slump was over the last four games. This game was the first Memphis shut-out since a 6-0 victory over Valparaiso University on Mar. 7th, 2009.
- Chad Zurcher, the nation’s leading hitter, was 3-for-4 with two RBIs.
- He will enter game two of the doubleheader hitting .494 for the season.
- The U of M improves to 10-0 all-time against Southwestern Athletic Conference members.