April 1, 2011
- With a rip in his first at bat, junior Chad Zurcher extended his hit-streak to 15 games.
- Sophomore Michael Wills picked off an Alcorn State runner at second, his first PO of the season, Memphis’ 13th.
- Memphis scored two runs with leadoff men reaching base to start an inning, their 37th of the season.
- Freshman Ethan Gross logged the first extra base hit of his career with a third inning triple to right field.
- Chad Zurcher, the nation’s leading hitter, logged his ninth double of the season in the fourth.
- Jacob Wilson extended his consecutive game hit streak to 10.
- Junior Jacob Wilson stole his eighth base of the season in the sixth.
- All of the Tigers’ starters notched a hit, marking the third occasion this feat has been achieved this season (Evansville 2/20 and UT Martin 3/15).
- Senior Phillip Chapman notched his team-leading 12th double of the season.
- The Tigers scored seventeen runs, the first time they have done so since opening weekend vs. Evansville on Feb. 20.