April 3, 2011
- After finishing without a hit in yesterday’s contest, Chad Zurcher, the NCAA’s leading hitter, ripped a grounder to left field in his first at bat.
- Zurcher was hit by pitch on Sunday, notching the 11th time he has been plunked this season.
- The righty Clayton Gant did his best Ryan Holland impersonation, picking off a batter at first base in the top of the third inning. This PO was Memphis’ 14th of the season, Gant's third.
- The Tigers scored ten or more runs in all three games of a series for the first time since Memphis and UCF battled in May of 2006.
- Phillip Chapman sent two Alcorn pitches out of FedExPark, the first time this feat has been accomplished since Trey Wiedman logged two in one contest last season against East Carolina