• Memphis and Cincinnati meet for the first time since 2005, a series the Bearcats took from the Tigers at newly opened Marge Schott Stadium.
• Memphis holds a 49-23 edge in the series dating back to 1978 and is 16-10 at Cincinnati in the series.
LATE INNING WOES
• Memphis has been outscored 58-29 after the seventh inning.
• Opponents have outscored the Tigers 35-12 in the eighth inning alone, 22-8 since March 25.
• Since playing Arkansas State on March 25, Memphis has a deficit of 38-16 after the seventh inning.
• The Tigers foes are hitting .247 after the seventh inning this season with 94 hits and Memphis pitchers carry a 3.87 ERA allowing 58 runs, 44 earned, and 20 doubles.
• Senior shortstop Ethan Gross made his 207th career start on Sunday.
• Gross has started in 203 consecutive games, a school record.
• Gross started in the final 36-straight of the 2011 season and made all 59 starts in 2012 and 2013.
• Gross has started every game since March 26, 2011 against East Carolina, the second game of the doubleheader.
• Gross ranks second nationally in consecutive starts behind only outfielder Justin Glass who has started 215-straight for Cincinnati.
DUCKS ON THE POND
• The Tigers have sent a batter to the plate 84 times this season with the bases loaded to come away with 56 RBI.
• Below is a look at what has happened with the bases loaded this season.
|MEMPHIS WITH BASES LOADED
• Freshman RHP Nolan Blackwood is on pace to set the single-season record for appearances.
• The freshman arm has appeared in 27 games, putting him third in the single-season ranks.
• Jonathan Van Eaton holds the single-season record after making 30 appearances in 2012.
WALLINGFORD CHASES TOP ERA
• Junior southpaw Caleb Wallingford has taken over as the ace of the Tigers pitching staff and is set for his ninth Friday night start this weekend versus Cincinnati.
• With 76 1/3 innings pitched, Wallingford has topped the 60 IP needed to qualify for the single-season ERA record.
• Wallingford sports a 1.41 ERA in 11 starts and 13 appearances. Below is a current look at the top six single-season ERA's in program history.
BIG INNINGS MATTER
• Big innings are a big focus for the Tigers and the stats prove the worth.
• When the Tigers put together a big inning - scoring three or more runs in an inning - they sport an 15-6 record.
• The offense has 22 big innings since March 1, covering 15 games.
• From the mound, the Tigers have allowed 27 big innings since March 7.
• Prior to that date, the Memphis staff had allowed just two big innings.
• Memphis is 19-7 on the year when the staff keeps an opponent from scoring three or more runs in an inning, but 6-17 when allowing the opponents to score in bunches.
WHAT'S ON THE LINE
• Memphis' senior class could become the first since 1983 to have 30 or more wins in each season.
• Since 1983, the 2013, 1995, 1991 and 1987 classes have posted three-straight seasons with 30 or more wins but each fell short of the 30 win plateau in one of their four seasons.