Jan. 4, 2013
Box Score |
Photo Gallery 1 |
Photo Gallery 2
Memphis (10-3) 85, Tennessee (8-4) 80
January 4, 2013
Thompson-Boling Arena (Knoxville, Tenn.)
- This was the 25th meeting between the two programs.
- Memphis has won the last three meetings with Tennessee.
- Tennessee leads the all-time series 14-11
- The Tigers have an all-time record of 104-77 against teams from the Southeastern Conference.
- Memphis set a season high in field goal percentage with .564 (31-55). The previous high was .529 (27-51) coming against VCU (11.22/12).
- The Tigers set a new season high in three point field goal percentage with .636 (7-11). The previous high was .455 (5-11) coming against Minnesota (11/23/12).
- D.J. Stephens tied a career-high with five blocks. Stephens last recorded five blocks against Oral Roberts (12/28/12).
- Adonis Thomas tied a career high with three blocks. Thomas last recorded three blocks against UAB (1/7/12).
- Joe Jackson tied a season high with one block. Jackson has recorded one block three times this season with the last coming against Loyola (Md.) (12/30/12).
- Joe Jackson led the Tigers with 20 points, the third time he has led the team this season.
- Joe Jackson led the team in assists with seven, the ninth time he has done so this season.
- D.J. Stephens recorded five blocks to lead Memphis, the sixth time he has led the Tigers this season.
- Shaq Goodwin and Joe Jackson each notched three steals to lead the Tigers, the sixth time for Goodwin and the fourth time for Jackson to lead Memphis this season.
- Joe Jackson (20 points) recorded his ninth straight game scoring in double-figure. Jackson currently leads the Tigers with 11 double-digit scoring games this season.
- Joe Jackson (20 points) recorded 20 or more points for the third time this season and for the second-straight game. For his career, Jackson has 10 games with 20 points or more.
- Joe Jackson (20 points), Adonis Thomas (18 points), Geron Johnson (16 points) and D.J. Stephens (11 points) all recorded double-figures scoring for Memphis. The Tigers are 6-3 on the season when at least three players score in double-digits.
- Memphis' 80 points were the most allowed by Tennessee this season. Prior to Memphis, the highest point total scored on the Volunteers was 69 by UMass.