Jan. 9, 2013
Box Score |
Memphis (11-3, 1-0 C-USA), ECU (9-5, 0-1 C-USA)
FedExForum (Memphis, Tenn.)
- This was the 14th meeting between the schools, all as members of Conference USA
- Memphis leads the all-time series 13-1
- The win is Memphis’ 200th in Conference USA. Memphis is the winningest program in C-USA with its 200 league victories. UAB has the second-most C-USA wins with 158.
- The Tigers improve to 14-4 in C-USA openers and 15-3 in C-USA home openers.
- D.J. Stephens posted a season-high three assists. His previous season best was two assists, which he registered on 11/22/12 against Minnesota and again on 12/8/12 against Austin Peay.
- Joe Jackson surpassed the 900-point plateau with his second basket of the game at the 15:24 mark of the first half. He now has 912 career points.
- The Tigers held East Carolina to 19 first-half points, their best defensive stand this season and the best since Feb. 28, 2012 when they held UCF to 18 first-half points.
- Joe Jackson (15 points) reached double figures for the 10th-straight game, the longest streak of his career. He has reached double figures in all but two games this season.
- Joe Jackson shot 7-for-11 from field to improve his shooting percentage over the last eight games to 57.8 percent (48-for-83).
- Memphis outrebounded East Carolina 41-23, marking the eighth time this season they have out rebounded their opponent. The Tigers are 6-2 in those contests.