Jan. 14, 2012
Memphis (12-5, 3-0) 89, Houston (9-8, 1-3) 55
January 14, 2012
Hofheinz Pavilion (Houston, Texas)
Memphis Postgame Notes
- Wednesday's meeting marked the 37th meeting between the two schools, and their 32nd meeting as conference opponents.
- Memphis leads the series 26-12 and carries a 23-9 advantage in C-USA games against the Cougars.
- Memphis has a 10-5 record when playing at Houston.
- Chris Crawford led Memphis with 19 points, the second time he has led the team in scoring this season.
- Will Barton led Memphis with 10 rebounds, the 12th time he has led the team in rebounds this season.
- Joe Jackson recorded his seventh double-figure scoring game of the season with 16 points. Jackson has 25 double-figure games for his career.
- Tarik Black recorded five blocks to lead the team and it's the eighth game he has lead the team in blocks this season. Black has five or more blocks in three games this year.
- Memphis has held opponents to less than 40% shooting for five-straight halves of play.
- Memphis connected on 19-of-31 (61.3%) of its shots in the second half, the 12th time this season the Tigers have shot above 50 percent in the second half.
- Memphis connected on 34-of-61 (55.7%) of its shots in the game. Memphis is 8-0 this season when its shoots 50% or better in a game.
- The 34-point win is the largest margin of victory in a conference game since a 43 point win over SMU 90-47 on Feb. 18, 2009.
- Tigers improved to 10-0 when opponents shoot less than 40 percent for the game. Houston finished 19-of-56 (33.9% percent).
- Will Barton scored 14 points marking the 12th-straight game that he has scored in double figures. On the year, Barton has scored double-figures in 14-of-16 games. Barton also recorded his ninth double-double of the year.