Jan. 16, 2013
Memphis (13-3, C-USA 3-0) 77, Rice (3-12, C-USA 0-3) 51
January 16, 2013
Tudor Fieldhouse (Houston, Texas)
- This was the 10th meeting between the two programs.
- Memphis leads the all-time series 9-1.
- As Conference USA foes the Tigers lead the series 7-1
- The Tigers carry of record of 5-1 when playing the Owls in Houston, Texas.
- Joe Jackson set a career high with 12 rebounds. Jackson’s previous high was six which he recorded four times with the last coming against North Florida (11/12/12).
- Antonio Barton tied a season high with one block. The last time Barton notched one block in a game was against Austin Peay (12/8/12).
- Shaq Goodwin tied a career/season high with two blocks. The last time Goodwin recorded to blocks was against UT-Martin (11/29/12).
- Joe Jackson and Antonio Barton each led the Tigers in scoring with 13 points, the fifth time for Jackson and the second time for Barton to lead the team this season.
- Joe Jackson led Memphis with 12 rebounds, the first time he has led the Tigers this season.
- Joe Jackson led the team with four assists, the 12th time he has led the Tigers this season.
- Joe Jackson, Geron Johnson and Antonio Barton each recorded three steals to lead the Tigers. This was the fifth time that Jackson and Johnson have each led the team this season and the second time for Barton.
- Shaq Goodwin led Memphis with two blocks, the fifth time he has led the Tigers this season.
- Joe Jackson (13 points, 12 rebounds) hauled in his first career double-double donning the Blue and Gray. This also marked the first time Jackson recorded double-digits rebounding.
- Joe Jackson (13 points) notched his 12th game in a row scoring in double-figures, and his 14th double-digit scoring game of the season. Jackson has 49 double-digit scoring games in his career at Memphis.
- Joe Jackson (13 points), Antonio Barton (13 points), Adonis Thomas (12 points), Tarik Black (12 points) and Shaq Goodwin (10 points) each scored in double-figures for Memphis. This is the third time this season five players have scored in double-digits for the Tigers, with Memphis sporting a record of 3-0 in those contests.
- Memphis is on a seven game winning streak.
- The Tigers are 7-0 with the starting line-up of Shaq Goodwin, Joe Jackson, Geron Johnson, D.J. Stephens and Adonis Thomas this season.