Jan. 22, 2013
Box Score |
Photo Gallery 1 |
Photo Gallery 2
Memphis (15- 3, C-USA 4-0) 71, Tulane (13-6, C-USA 1-3) 60
January 22, 2013
FedExForum (Memphis, Tenn.)
- This was the 53rd meeting between the two programs.
- Memphis leads the all-time series 44-9.
- As Conference USA foes, Memphis leads the series 25-2.
- The Tigers are 27-2 when playing Tulane in Memphis, Tenn.
- Geron Johnson tied a career/season high for steals with four. Johnson last recorded four steals against Austin Peay (12/8/12).
- Joe Jackson recorded one block, tying a season high. Jackson last notched one block against Tennessee (1/4/13).
- Chris Crawford tied a season high with six assists. Crawford last recorded six assists against Austin Peay (12/8/12).
- D.J. Stephens clocked a career high 36 minutes. Stephens previous career high was 35 coming against Harvard (1/19/13)
- The Tigers tied a season high for blocks with 11. The last time Memphis recorded 11 blocks was against Tennessee (1/4/13).
- Geron Johnson led Memphis with 18 points, the second time he has led the team this season.
- D.J. Stephens led the team with 10 rebounds, the 10th time he has done so this season.
- Geron Johnson led the Tigers with five assists, the fourth time he has led the team this season.
- Geron Johnson recorded four steals to lead the Tigers, the sixth time he has led the team this season.
- D.J. Stephens notched three blocks to lead Memphis, the 10th time he has led the Tigers this season.
- Memphis overcame a 15 point deficit against Tulane, the largest deficit overcome by the Tigers at any point during a game this season. The largest deficit overcome by the Tigers, prior to Tulane, was 14 against Northern Iowa (11/24/12).
- Joe Jackson (16 points) recorded his 14th game in row scoring in double-digits. Jackson has 16 double-figure scoring games this season and 51 for his career donning the Blue and Gray.
- Geron Johnson (18 points), Joe Jackson (16 points), Chris Crawford (14 points) and Tarik Black (10 points) each recorded double-digit scoring for Memphis. This was the third game in row with at least four Tigers in double-figures scoring.
- This game marked the second time this season the Tigers have won when trailing at the half. The other time Memphis won a game trailing at the half this season was against Northern Iowa (11/24/12).
- The Memphis bench contributed 26 points in the winning effort. The Tigers are 9-2 when the bench scores 20 or more points.