Memphis (17-3, C-USA 6-0) 75, East Carolina (12-8, C-USA 3-4) 68
January 30, 2013
Williams Arena (Greenville, N.C.)
- This was the 15th meeting between the two programs.
- Memphis leads the all-time series 14-1 with all games played as Conference USA foes.
- Memphis carries a record of 6-1 when playing East Carolina in Greenville, N.C.
- Joe Jackson recorded a career high with 26 points. Jackson's previous high was 24 coming against East Carolina on March 11, 2011.
- Joe Jackson notched a season high in field goal attempts with 13. Jackson's previous season high in field goal attempts was 12 coming against North Florida (11/12/12).
- Joe Jackson tied a career with eight field goals made. Jackson has made eight field goals in a game three times with the last coming against Georgetown (11/23/11).
- Joe Jackson led the Tigers in scoring with 26, the seventh time he has led the team this season.
- Shaq Goodwin notched 10 rebounds to lead Memphis, the sixth time he has led the Tigers this season.
- Joe Jackson recorded six assists to lead the Tigers, the 15th time he has led Memphis this season.
- Shaq Goodwin and Chris Crawford each swiped two steals to lead the Tigers, the sixth time for Goodwin to lead the team and the fourth for Crawford.
- D.J. Stephens led Memphis with four blocks, the 12th time he has led the team this season.
- Joe Jackson now has 1,010 career points. Jackson is the 48th player in the program's history to score 1,000 or more career points and ranks 45th all-time.
- Joe Jackson (26 points) recorded his 16th straight game scoring in double-figures. Jackson has 18 double-digit scoring games this season and 53 for his career donning the Blue and Gray.
- Joe Jackson (26 points) eclipsed the 20-point mark for the fourth time this season. Jackson has eleven 20-point games for his career.
- Shaq Goodwin (10 rebounds) hauled in double-figures in rebounding, the second time he has done so this season and for his career.
- Joe Jackson (26 points), Geron Johnson (13 points) and Chris Crawford (11 points) each recorded double-digits scoring. Memphis is 11-3 when at least three Tigers score in double-figures.