Feb. 6, 2013
Memphis (19-3, C-USA 8-0) 60, SMU (12 -12, C-USA 2-7) 52
February 6, 2013
Moody Coliseum (Dallas, Texas)
- This was the 14th meeting between the two programs.
- Memphis leads the all-time series 11-3, and 10-2 as Conference USA foes.
- The Tigers carry a record of 4-2 when playing SMU in Dallas, Texas.
- Geron Johnson notched a career/season high with five treys. Johnson’s previous high was three coming against Ohio (12/5/12).
- Adonis Thomas tied a season high with nine rebounds. Thomas last hauled in nine rebounds against UAB (1/12/13).
- Geron Jonson (19 points) and Adonis Thomas (14 points) each recorded double-digits scoring for Memphis. The Tigers are 4-0 this season when at least one player scores in double-digits.
- Memphis has now won 13 games in a row, the streak ranks eighth as the longest winning streak in program history.
- Memphis’ defense held SMU to an opponent season low field goal percentage of .311 (19-61). The previous low was .313 (15-48) coming against Rice (1/16/13).
- Memphis’ .298 (14-47) field goal percentage against SMU is a new season low for the Tigers. The previous low was .358 (19-53) coming against Lipscomb (12/20/12).