Feb. 8, 2012
Memphis (17-7, 7-2) 70, ECU (12-11, 3-7)59
February 8, 2012
Williams Arena (Greenville, N.C.)
Memphis Postgame Notes
- Wednesday’s meeting marked the 12th meeting between the two schools.
- Memphis leads the overall series 11-1 all as Conference USA foes.
- The Tigers have a 5-1 record when playing at ECU.
- Wesley Witherspoon logged a season high 11 rebounds; his previous season high was eight against Tennessee (12/11/11). Witherspoon also set a season high for steals with four; his previous season high was 2 coming against Xavier (2/4/12).
- D. J. Stephens set a season high with three blocks; his previous was two against Charlotte (12/31/11).
- Chris Crawford led Memphis with 16 points, the fourth time he has led the team in scoring this season. Crawford’s double-figure game was the 10th of this season and the 18th of his career.
- Wesley Witherspoon led Memphis with 11 rebounds; this marked the fourth time that Witherspoon has led the team in rebounds this season. Witherspoon’s double-figure rebounding game is his first of the season and only the third of his career.
- Joe Jackson had seven assists to lead the Tigers, the tenth time Jackson has led in assists this season.
- D. J. Stephens led the Tigers with three blocks. This is the second time he has led the team in blocks during the 2011-12 campaign.
- Wesley Witherspoon led the team in steals against ECU, marking the fifth time he has led the team in steals this season.
- Will Barton’s 15 points was his team leading 20th double-figure scoring game of the season. Barton now has 43nd double figure scoring games for his career at Memphis.
- Wesley Witherspoon scored a double-double hauling in 11 rebounds and 12 points. It is Witherspoon’s first double-double of the 2011-12 campaign and the third of his career.
- On the season Memphis is a perfect 14-0 when leading at halftime.
- Memphis connected on 28-of-60 (46.7%) shots. The Tigers are 8-5 this season when shooting below 50 percent.
- Will Barton (15), Chris Crawford (16), and Wesley Witherspoon (12) each hauled in double-figures in total points. This marked 17th time this season the Tigers have had at least three players in double-figures, and the fifth consecutive game to do so. The Tigers are 11-5 on the season when they have at least three players in double-digits.