Feb. 13, 2013
Box Score |
Photo Gallery |
Memphis (21-3, C-USA 10-0) 93, UCF (17-7, C-USA 7-3) 71
February 13, 2013
FedExForum (Memphis, Tenn.)
- This was the 14th meeting between the two programs.
- Memphis leads the all-time series 13-1.
- The Tigers carry a record of 10-0 (including C-USA Tournament games) when playing UCF in Memphis, Tenn.
- Geron Johnson hauled in a career/season high with nine rebounds; his previous high was eight coming against Southern Miss (2/9/13). The junior also tied a career/season high with seven assists; Johnson last notched seven assists against Southern Miss (2/9/13).
- Joe Jackson tied a career high with 10 assists, the last time Jackson recorded 10 assists in a game was against UCF on February 28, 2012.
- The Tigers set a season high for field goal percentage at 58.5 percent, the previous high was 56.4 percent coming against Tennessee (1/4/13)
- Memphis set a season high for fast break points with 27; the previous high was 25 coming against Austin Peay (12/8/12).
- The Tigers notched a season high 28 assists; the previous high was 27 coming against Southern Miss (2/8/13).
- Joe Jackson led the Tigers with 21 points, the eighth time he has led the team this season.
- Geron Johnson led Memphis with nine rebounds, the third time he has led the Tigers this season.
- Joe Jackson notched 10 assists to lead Memphis, the 17th time he has led the Tigers this season.
- Joe Jackson led the Tigers with three steals, the seventh time to lead the team this season.
- D.J. Stephens recorded two blocks to lead Memphis, the 16th time he has led the Tigers this season.
- With three dunks tonight, D.J. Stephens now has 101 dunks for his career at Memphis.
- Joe Jackson (21 points), Geron Johnson (19 points), Adonis Thomas (17 points), D.J. Stephens (10 points) and Chris Crawford (10 points) each scored in double-digits. The Tigers are 4-0 in contests this season when five players score in double-figures. Memphis last had five players score in double-digits against Rice (1/16/13).
- Joe Jackson (21 points) notched his fifth 20-point game this season. Jackson has 12, 20-point games for his career.
- Memphis' 15 game winning streak is currently the second longest in NCAA Division I this season. The streak is tied for the sixth-longest in program history.
- The Tigers' average margin of victory when playing UCF at home is 25.5, and this is the third-straight win by 20-plus points.