Feb. 16, 2013
No. 22 Memphis (22-3, C-USA 11-0) 71, Marshall (11-15, C-USA 4-7) 59
February 16, 2013
Cam Henderson Center (Huntington, W.Va.)
- This was the 15th meeting between the two programs.
- Memphis leads the all-time series 13-2.
- As Conference USA foes Memphis leads the series 12-1.
- The Tigers carry a record of 5-2 in games played in Huntington, W.Va.
- Adonis Thomas recorded a new career high with 23 points. Thomas’ previous high was 19 which he recorded three times, with the last coming against UAB (1/12/13).
- Adonis Thomas tied a career high with 10 rebounds. Thomas last notched 10 rebounds against Miami (Fla.) (12/6/11).
- Ferrakohn Hall tied a season high with eight points; Hall last recorded eight points in a game against North Florida (11/12/12).
- Memphis won its 16th game in a row. The Tigers’ 16 game winning streak is tied for second in NCAA Division I this season and is the fifth longest in program history.
- The Tigers have won 11 straight road games, currently the nation’s longest road winning streak. Memphis last lost a road game at Southern Miss on Feb. 1, 2012.
- Adonis Thomas (23 points, 10 rebounds) recorded the first double-double of his career.
- Adonis Thomas (23 points) notched the fist 20-point game of his career.
- Adonis Thomas (23 points), Joe Jackson (12 points) and Geron Johnson (11 points) all scored in double-figures for Memphis. The Tigers are 14-3 when at least three players score in double-digits this season.