Feb. 20, 2013
Box Score |
No. 21/19 Memphis (23-3, C-USA 12-0) 81, Houston (15-10, C-USA 4-8) 74
February 20, 2013
FedExForum (Memphis, Tenn.)
- This was the 39th meeting between the two programs.
- Memphis leads the all-time series with Houston 27-12.
- Memphis leads Houston 24-9 as Conference USA foes.
- The Tigers are 17-3 against Houston in games played in Memphis, Tenn.
- Chris Crawford set a season high with nine assists. Crawford’s previous high was six, which he recorded three times, with the last coming against Southern Miss (2/9/13).
- Chris Crawford had a career high in rebounds with 13. Crawford’s previous high was 12 coming against Northern Iowa (11/14/13).
- This was Memphis’ 17th straight win. The winning streak is tied for the longest in NCAA Division I this season and is the fifth longest in program history.
- D.J. Stephens (14 points, 10 rebounds) and Chris Crawford (11 points, 13 rebounds) each recorded a double-double against Houston. This is the first time that at least two Tigers have recorded double-doubles in the same game since Robert Dozier, Shawn Taggart and Tyreke Evans each recorded double-doubles against Tulane on March 7, 2009. This was the second double-double for both Stephens and Crawford this season. Stephens now has three double-doubles for his career, with Crawford tallying two.
- Adonis Thomas (22 points) notched his second-consecutive 20-point game this season. It was also Thomas’ second career 20-point game.
- Adonis Thomas (22 points), D.J. Stephens (14 points), Joe Jackson (11 points), Chris Crawford (11 points) and Tarik Black (15 points) each recorded double-digit scoring for Memphis. It marks the fifth game this season that five Tigers have scored in double-digits in a single game. Memphis is 5-0 this season when five players score in double-figures.