Feb. 26, 2013
No. 19/17 Memphis (24-4) 62, Xavier (16-11) 64
February 26, 2013
Cintas Center (Cincinnati, Ohio)
- This was the ninth meeting between the two programs.
- Xavier leads the all-time series 7-2.
- The Tigers are 0-4 when playing Xavier in Cincinnati, Ohio.
- Tarik Black tied a season high with two blocks. Black has recorded two blocks in a game four times with the last coming against Tulsa (2/2/13).
- Geron Johnson led the Tigers with 14 points, the fifth time he has led the team this season.
- Tarik Black led the team in rebounds with nine, the fifth time he has led the Tigers this season.
- Joe Jackson recorded five assists to lead Memphis, the 18th time he has led the Tigers this season.
- Geron Johnson tallied two steals to lead the Tigers, the 12th time he has led Memphis this season.
- D.J. Stephens notched five blocks to lead the team, the 19th time he has led the Tigers this season.
- The Tigers scored a season low 20 points in the first half. Memphis’ 20 first-half points was its lowest point total in any half of basketball this season, the Tigers’ previous low was 22 points coming against both Northern Iowa (11/24/12) and SMU (2/6/13).
- Xavier snapped Memphis’ 18-game winning streak. The Musketeers also snapped the Tigers’ nation-leading 11-game road winning streak dating back to last season.
- This was the fifth time this season that Memphis trailed at the half. The Tigers carry a record of 2-3 when trailing at the half during the 2012-2013 campaign.
- Geron Johnson (14 points), Joe Jackson (11 points) and Chris Crawford (10 points) each recorded double-figures scoring for Memphis. The Tigers are 14-4 this season when at least three players score in double-digits.