March 8, 2012
Box Score |
Memphis (24 -8) 65, UTEP (15-17) 47
March 8, 2012
FedExForum (Memphis, Tenn.)
Memphis Postgame Notes
- Thursday’s meeting marked the 14thmeeting between the two schools.
- UTEP leads the overall series 9-5
- The Tigers have a 5-2 record when playing in Memphis.
- In C-USA Tournament play Memphis has a 2-0 advantage over the Miners.
- Tarik Black tied a career high in rebound with 13 against UTEP. He last snagged 13 in a game against SMU (01/21/12).
- Joe Jackson set a career high for steals with five. His previous was four which he recorded two times with last coming against UTEP (02/18/12).
- Chris Crawford tied his season high for assists for the sixth time this season with seven.
- Joe Jackson led the team in scoring by hauling in 17 points, the third time he has led the team this season.
- Tarik Black led the team with 13 rebounds, the sixth time he has led the team in rebounds this season.
- Chris Crawford led the Tigers with seven assists, the 15th time he has led the team this season.
- Joe Jackson snagged five steals to lead the Tigers, the seventh time he has led the team this season.
- D.J. Stephens and Tarik Black led Memphis in blocks with three each. The 15th time Black has led the team and the sixth time for Stephens.
- Tarik Black registered a double-double hauling in 15 points and 13 rebounds. Black has three double-doubles this season and four in his time as a Tiger.
- Adonis Thomas returned to the court for Memphis for the first time since Jan. 11, 2012 when he injured his ankle in a game against Southern Miss.
- The Tigers advance to the semifinals of the C-USA Tournament for the seventh time in eight years.
- Memphis is now 13-0 all-time as a No.1 seed in the C-USA Tournament.
- The Tigers have allowed less than 50 points in four straight C-USA Tournament games at FedExForum. Memphis has not allowed 60 points in a C-USA Tourney game in Memphis in nine straight (since Marshall scored 71 in the quarterfinals of the 2007 Tournament).
- The 15 steals by Memphis was the sixth-highest total ever in a C-USA Tournament game and the most since TCU had 17 vs. Marquette on March 9, 2005