March 9, 2013
Box Score |
No. 25/20 Memphis (27-4, C-USA 16-0) 86, UAB (15-16, C-USA 7-9) 71
March 9, 2013
FedExForum (Memphis, Tenn.)
- This was the 46th meeting between the two programs.
- Memphis leads the all-time series 36-10.
- As Conference USA foes, the Tigers lead the series 26-7.
- Memphis has won the last 15 meetings with UAB dating back to the 2006 Conference USA Tournament title game.
- Joe Jackson recorded a career-high in steals with six; Jackson's previous high was five, which he recorded five times, with the last coming against Ohio (12/5/12).
- Joe Jackson tied a career-high with 10 assists; Jackson has recorded 10 assists three times with the last coming against UCF (2/13/13).
- Chris Crawford recorded a season-high 20 points; Crawford's previous high was 19, which he recorded twice with the last coming against UCF (3/2/13).
- The Tigers finished undefeated in regular season Conference USA play with a record of 16-0. It is the fourth time that Tigers have gone undefeated in C-USA with the last being the 2008-09 campaign. It is the fifth time in program history that Memphis has gone undefeated in conference play.
- Joe Jackson (17 points, 10 assists) recorded the second double-double of his career. His first double-double came earlier this season against Rice (1/16/13).
- Chris Crawford (20 points) notched the second 20-point game of his career and his sixth straight game scoring in double-figures.
- Chris Crawford (20 points), Geron Johnson (19 points), Joe Jackson (17 points) and D.J. Stephens (13 points) all recorded double-figures scoring. The Tigers are 16-4 this season when at least three players score in double-digits.