March 15, 2013
Box Score |
No. 20/17 Memphis (29-4) 85, Tulsa (17-15) 74
March 15, 2013
BOK Center (Tulsa, Okla.)
- This was the 35th meeting between the two programs with the last 15 as Conference USA foes.
- Memphis leads the all-time series 23-13.
- The Tigers are 3-0 versus Tulsa in C-USA Tournament play.
- Chris Crawford tied a career-high with eight treys; Johnson previous high was six coming against Tulane (3/14/13).
- Chris Crawford notched a new career-high with 30 points; Crawford’s previous high was 24 coming against Tulane (3/14/13).
- Adonis Thomas tied a career-high with six assists; Thomas last notched six assists against Tulane (3/14/13).
- D.J. Stephens tied a career-high with six blocks; Stephens last recorded six blocks against UAB (1/12/13).
- Chris Crawford led the Tigers with 30 points, the eighth time he has led the team this season.
- D.J. Stephens led Memphis with 10 rebounds, the 15th time he has led the Tigers this season.
- Adonis Thomas led the team with six assists, the fourth time he has led Memphis this season.
- Joe Jackson led the Tigers with two steals, the 10th time he has led the team this season.
- D.J. Stephens led Memphis with six blocks, the 22nd time he has led the Tigers this season.
- Memphis advanced to its eighth C-USA Tournament final in the last nine seasons.
- Chris Crawford (30 points) recorded the first 30 point game of his career. The junior is the only Tiger to eclipse the 30 point mark this season. Crawford also notched his third game in a row with 20 points or more.
- Crawford tied a C-USA Tournament record with eight treys. Crawford’s eight treys in a game are tied for second all-time with Elliot Williams who accomplished the feat against Southern Miss on Jan. 9, 2010. Crawford also notched his second-straight game with at least six treys.
- D.J. Stephens (10 points, 10 rebounds) recorded his third double-double of the season. Stephens now has four double-doubles for his career at Memphis.
- Chris Crawford (30 points), Geron Johnson (14 points), Shaq Goodwin (12 points), Adonis Thomas (11 points) and D.J. Stephens all notched double-figures scoring for Memphis. This marks the seventh time this season the Tigers have had five players in double-digits. Memphis is 7-0 in those contests.
- Memphis has scored 80 points in its last two games. The Tigers are 13-0 this season when they score at least 80 points.