March 21, 2013
Box Score |
AP Photo Gallery |
No. 20/17 Memphis (31-4) 54, RV/25 Saint Mary's (28-7) 52
March 21, 2013
NCAA Tournament Second Round
The Palace at Auburn Hills (Auburn Hills, Mich.)
- This was the second meeting between the two programs.
- Memphis leads the all-time series with St. Mary's 2-0.
- Both times that Memphis and St. Mary's have met have been on a neutral floor.
- D.J. Stephens recorded a new career high with eight blocks, Stephens previous high was six which he notched twice with the last coming against Tulsa (3/15/13).
- Joe Jackson led the Tigers with 14 points, the 10th time he has led the team this season.
- Chris Crawford and Tarik Black each led Memphis with seven rebounds, the third time for Crawford to lead the Tigers and the sixth time for Black.
- Joe Jackson led the Tigers with seven assists, the 21st time he has led the team this season.
- Chris Crawford notched five steals to lead Memphis, the fifth time he has led the Tigers this season.
- D.J. Stephens notched eight blocks to lead the Tigers, the 24th time he has led Memphis this season.
- St. Mary's came into the game ranked No. 25 in the USA Today Coaches Poll, giving Memphis head coach Josh Pastner his first win over a ranked opponent.
- The Tigers have advanced past their NCAA Tournament opening round game 14 times in the program's history.
- Josh Pastner picked-up his first NCAA Tournament win as head coach of the Tigers.
- The Tigers now have an all-time record of 33-24 in the NCAA Tournament.
- Joe Jackson (14 points), Adonis Thomas (12 points) and Tarik Black (12 points) each notched double-figures scoring for Memphis. The Tigers are 18-4 when at least three players score in double-digits.
- Joe Jackson (14 points) notch his 27th double-figure scoring game of the 2012-13 campaign. Jackson has 62 double-digit scoring games in his time donning the Blue and Gray.