March 23, 2014
Box Score |
Photo Gallery 1 |
Photo Gallery 2
|| Series Notes
- With the win tonight, Virginia takes the first meeting between the two programs.
|| Team Notes
- Virginia was a first-time foe for the Tigers Sunday. Memphis now has a 30-3 overall record vs. first-time opponents since 2000-01. Since the turn of the 21st century, the three losses to first-time opponents were to Stanford in 2000, Duke in 2005 and Virginia tonight.
- Josh Pastner dropped his first game vs. a first-time foe Sunday against Virginia. His record vs. first-time opponents now is 9-1.
- The Tigers now have a 68-55 all-time record against current members of the Atlantic Coast Conference (ACC). Memphis has played 12 of the 15 ACC members. The three ACC schools the Tigers have yet to play are Clemson, Notre Dame and North Carolina.
- After tonight’s loss, Memphis now has a 31-15 record vs. NCAA Division I schools from the state of Virginia. The Tigers have now played nine of the 14 NCAA Division I schools from Virginia.
- This weekend’s NCAA Tournament appearance was Memphis’ 26th in program history.
- Memphis’ all-time NCAA Tournament record is now 34-26.
- This weekend’s games were the Tigers’ fourth appearance playing in Raleigh, N.C., in the program’s history. Memphis’ record when playing in Raleigh is 2-3.
- With tonight’s setback, Memphis’ NCAA Tournament East Region record is now even at 3-3. The Tigers also played in the East Region in 1982 and 2004.
|| Player Notes
- Chris Crawford moved into a tie for the No. 2 spot on the career three-pointers made chart with his one made trey vs. Virginia Sunday. He now has 242 career three-pointers made, and is tied with Anthony Rice (2001-05) for second place.
- Joe Jackson finished his four-year career with 1,687 points, which is No. 7 on the all-time Memphis scoring chart.
- Chris Crawford also finished his four-year career with 1,223 points, which is No. 25 on the Memphis all-time scoring chart.