Nov. 12, 2012
Box Score |
- This was the first meeting between the two programs all-time.
- Memphis is now 18-5 all-time against teams from the Atlantic Sun Conference. Career/Season Highs
- D.J. Stephens set a career high for steals with three. Stephens’ previous high was two, which he recorded five-times with the last coming against East Carolina (2/8/12).
- Tarik Black tied a career high for free throws attempted with 10. The last time Black attempted 10 free throws in a game was against UTEP (2/18/12).
- Chris Crawford tied a career high for three point attempts with eight. Crawford has attempted eight three pointers in a game four times, with the last coming against Houston (1/14/12)
- Tarik Black led the Tigers with 18 points.
- Shaq Godwin and Tarik Black each hauled in seven rebounds to lead Memphis.
- Joe Jackson handed out six assists to lead the Tigers.
- D.J. Stephens and Shaq Godwin each tallied three steals to lead the team.
- All of Memphis’ starters against North Florida were from the City of Memphis. The last time the Tigers placed an all-Memphis starting five on the floor in a season opener was during the 1987-1988 season versus Jackson State. The last time an all-Memphis starting five played for the Tigers was on “Senior Day” during the 1994-1995 versus Dayton.
- The all-time record for an all-Memphis starting lineup is 134-41.
- Memphis is 56-13 all-time when its season opener is also its home opener. The Tigers are 10-1 in their last 11 home openers and have a 13-1 record in years when their season opener and home opener are one and the same dating back to the 1994-1995 campaign.
- Memphis has won nine-straight home openers.
- Memphis is scheduled to play three first-time opponents this season. The Tigers are now 152-70 when facing an opponent for the first time.