Nov. 19, 2013
Box Score |
|| Memphis vs. Oklahoma State - Series Notes
- Oklahoma State now leads the all-time series with Memphis 4-2.
- The Cowboys have won three straight in the series.
|| Memphis vs. Oklahoma State - Team Notes
- The Tigers played only their fourth road game in the month of November since the 1973-74 season. Memphis is 1-3 in road games played in the month of November over that span of time.
- Memphis lost to Oklahoma State 101-80. It is the largest margin of defeat since the Tigers lost by 22 points (70-48) against Michigan State in last year’s NCAA Tournament. The Tigers allowed 101 points to Oklahoma State, marking the first time a team has scored 100 points against Memphis since Tennessee had 104 points in a 104-84 win on Jan. 5, 2011.
|| Memphis vs. Oklahoma State - Player Notes
- Freshman Kuran Iverson made his collegiate debut tonight vs. Oklahoma State. He served an NCAA one-game suspension and did not play in the Nov. 14 season opener vs. Austin Peay. He scored his first collegiate points at the 8:23 mark of the second half (2 FT). Iverson finished the contest with four points in 11 minutes of action.
- Freshman Austin Nichols got his second-straight start to open the 2013-14 season. Nichols finished with a career-high seven points.
- Freshman Nick King recorded his second-straight, double-figure scoring game with 23 points.
- Chris Crawford continues to move closer to the 1,000-point milestone. The senior guard finished with six points, and now has 943 points in his Memphis career.
|| Memphis at Oklahoma State - Game Leaders
- Nick King led Memphis in scoring with 23 points. Shaq Goodwin also finished in double figures, posting 13 points.
- Geron Johnson led the team and matched a career-high with three blocked shots. Johnson also led the team in assists with five.
|| Up Next for the Tigers
- Memphis returns home to FedExForum Saturday, Nov. 23 to host Nicholls State (0-2). The game, to be televised by SportSouth, is slated for a 5 p.m. (CT) tip.