Nov. 22, 2012
Final Stats |
Photo Gallery 1 |
Photo Gallery 2
Memphis (2-1) 65, VCU (3-1) 78
November 22, 2012
Imperial Arena at Atlantis Resort (Nassau, The Bahamas)
Memphis Postgame Notes
- This was the sixth meeting between the two programs with Memphis leading the all-time series 4-2.
- The Tigers are 68-67 all-time against teams from the Atlantic 10 Conference. Career/Season Highs
- Adonis Thomas tied a career high for points with 19, Thomas previously hauled in 19-points one other time against Tennessee (11/22/11).
- Adonis Thomas (19), Tarik Black (12) and Chris Crawford (10) all recorded double-figures scoring against VCU. Memphis has had three players notch double-figures in three straight games.
- Adonis Thomas has recorded double-figures scoring and led the Tigers in scoring two games in a row.
- This was the third game in a row the Tigers starting five were all from the City of Memphis. The Tigers are 135-42 all-time with an all-Memphis starting five.
- At the half VCU led Memphis 42-28, this was the first time the Tigers have trailed at the half in 2012. The last time the Tigers gave up 42-points in the first half was against Louisville (12/17/11).
- The Tigers committed the most turnovers (22) since recording 22 against UTEP (2/26/11). Joe Jackson’s seven turnovers were the most by a Memphis player since Will Barton’s seven against UTEP (2/26/11).