Nov. 23, 2012
Box Score |
Photo Gallery 1 |
Photo Gallery 2
- This was the fifth time the two programs have met on the hardwood with Minnesota leading the all-time series 3-2.
- This was the first time the two teams played at a neutral site.
- Memphis is 16-18 all-time against teams from the Big 10 Conference.
- D.J. Stephens set a career high with 15 points. Stephens' previous high was 13-points coming against Western Kentucky (12/4/10). Stephen's also set a new career high with three three-pointers made and tied a career high in three-pointers attempted with three. His previous career high of two three-pointers and the last time he attempted three three-pointers in a game both came against UAB (2/11/12).
- Adonis Thomas has recorded double-figures scoring four games in a row.
- D.J. Stephens (15), Tarik Black (13), Adonis Thomas (12) and Shaq Goodwin (12) all recorded double-figures for Memphis. This was the fourth game in row with at least three Tigers scoring in double-figures, and the first time this season Memphis had four players score in double-digits.
- This was the first time this season that the Tigers did not put an all-Memphis starting five on the floor.
- Andre Hollins' 41-points against Memphis were the most by a player against the Tigers since Allan Daniels for Lamar on November 28, 2005.
- The last time Memphis lost back-to-back games was last season losing to Murray State (12/11/11) followed Louisville (12/17/11).