Nov. 23, 2013
Box Score |
|| Memphis vs. Nicholls - Series Notes
- Memphis leads the all-time series 2-0.
- Prior to tonight’s game, the last time the two schools played was in 1994-95. Memphis won that contest 92-72 on Dec. 21, 1994.
- The Tigers have an all-time 32-5 record versus Southland Conference (SLC) foes (.861 winning percentage). The last time the Tigers played a Southland Conference foe was in 2012-13. That season, Memphis defeated Oral Roberts 72-57 on Dec. 28, 2012, at FedExForum. Josh Pastner is a perfect 6-0 against Southland Conference members.
|| Memphis vs. Nicholls - Team Notes
- With the win tonight, Memphis improves to 27-1 (.964 winning percentage) versus NCAA Division I schools from the state of Louisiana since 2000-01. The lone loss was a 64-55 setback to Louisiana Tech in 2004-05 (Dec. 20, 2004).
- Nicholls made its first visit to FedExForum Saturday and fell to the Tigers 98-59. Under head coach Josh Pastner, Memphis is now 22-1 (.957 winning percentage) against opponents making their first visit to FedExForum. The Tigers lone loss to a first-time visitor to FedExForum was to Murray State 76-72 in 2011-12 (Dec. 11, 2011).
- Memphis now has 164 wins at FedExForum (164-18) since the arena opened in 2004-05. The 164 wins by the Tigers at FedExForum are the most homecourt victories by an NCAA Division I program since 2004-05.
- Memphis shot 50 FT (31-of-50), the most FT attempts since the Tigers shot 52 FT attempts vs. Cincinnati (Jan. 12, 1982; 107-75 Memphis win).
- Five Tigers finished the game in double figures. This is the second time in three games that five or more Tigers have scored 10 points or more (six scored in double figures against Austin Peay on Nov. 14)
- Memphis is 31-4 under Josh Pastner after a loss (Since 2009-10)
- Memphis is 4-1 under Josh Pastner after the first loss of the season
- Memphis is 13-2 under Josh Pastner following a road loss.
|| Memphis vs. Nicholls - Player Notes
- Joe Jackson finished the game 14-of-15 at the FT line.
- With his 14-of-15 FT performance, Joe Jackson moved up the career FT charts. Jackson is No. 6 on the career FT made list with 381 and No. 10 on the career FT attempts with 494.
- With his 18 points tonight, senior Joe Jackson moved into a tie for 21st place on the Memphis career scoring list with 1,249 points (tied with Dwight Boyd, who played at Memphis from 1984-88).
- Senior guard Chris Crawford made his first start of the season and the 54th start of his Memphis career. After scoring 11 points in tonight’s contest, Crawford now has 954 career points and is just 46 points from reaching the 1,000 point plateau.
- The senior trio of Jackson, Crawford and Michael Dixon Jr. each scored in double figures for the Tigers. Jackson scored in double figures for the 66th time in his career, while Dixon Jr. reached the mark for the 58th time in his career and second in three games at Memphis. Chris Crawford has notched 44 career double-figure contests as a Tiger.
- Freshman Austin Nichols made his third consecutive start and finished with a season-high and career-high 20 points
- Freshman Nick King again reached double-figure scoring, posting 12 points tonight. King has scored in double figures in all three games at Memphis.
- Head coach Josh Pastner picked up his 108th career victory at Memphis, putting him one win behind Bob Vanatta (109 wins, 1956-62) for fifth all-time in victories at Memphis.
|| Up Next for the Tigers
- Memphis travels to Orlando, Fla., to compete in the 2013 Old Spice Classic. The Tigers open tournament play Thursday, Nov. 28 with a 5:30 p.m. (CT) game vs. Siena. ESPN2 is televising the game.
- Following Thursday’s game, the Tigers continue play in the 2013 Old Spice Classic Friday, Nov. 29 and Sunday, Dec. 1. Opponents and game times are TBD.