Nov. 28, 2013
Box Score |
Nov. 28, 2013
|| Memphis vs. Siena - Series Notes
- Memphis leads the all-time series 2-1.
- The two programs last played in the 2007-08 season, and the Tigers won that game 102-58 on Jan. 3, 2008.
|| Memphis vs. Siena - Team Notes
- The Tigers made their first appearance in an in-season tournament in the state of Florida since 1976 (Big Sun Tournament). Memphis now has a 3-2 record when playing in in-season tournaments in the state of Florida.
- In its history, Memphis now has a 98-66 record in in-season tournaments/classics.
- In the 21st century, Memphis now has a 10-2 record when playing in the state of Florida.
- Memphis is now 5-2 when playing in the Orlando area.
- The Tigers are now 8-4 vs. Metro Atlantic Athletic Conference (MAAC) teams in their history.
|| Memphis vs. Siena - Player Notes
- Graduate student David Pellom, a transfer from George Washington University, saw his first regular-season action tonight vs. Siena. He had been out of action since undergoing knee surgery Nov. 7.
- Joe Jackson moved up the Memphis career scoring chart with his 18 points vs. Siena. He is now in 19th place with 1,267 points. In tonight's game, Jackson moved past James Bradley (1,254 points) and Bobby Parks (1,266 points).
- Shaq Goodwin recorded the second double-double of his career with 17 points and 10 rebounds vs. Siena. His first career double-double was 17 points and 12 boards vs. UT Martin last season.
- Austin Nichols netted double figures for a second-straight game with 12 points.
- Austin Nichols grabbed a season-high nine rebounds.
- Nick King's streak of double-figure scoring games ended at three after his seven-point performance vs. Siena.
|| Up Next for the Tigers
- Memphis advances in the championship side of the Old Spice Classic bracket on Friday. The Tigers play the LSU/Saint Joseph's winner at 4:30 p.m. (CT) on ESPN2.