Nov. 29, 2012
Box Score |
Photo Gallery 1 |
Photo Gallery 2
- This was the 19th meeting between the two programs with Memphis leading the all-time series 14-5.
- Memphis has won the last 13 meeting with UT-Martin.
- Shaq Goodwin notched a season/career high with 17-points and 13-rebounds. His previous high in points and rebounds both came against Minnesota (12-points, 7-rebounds; 11/23/12).
- Joe Jackson handed out a season high in assists with eight; his previous high was six against North Florida (11/12/12).
- Geron Johnson hauled in a season/career high with 13-points. Johnson's previous high was four against Minnesota (11/23/12). This was his first career double-digit scoring effort.
- Memphis set a season team high in assists (26) and blocks (8).
- The last time Memphis recorded 14-assists in the first half was against Austin Peay (12/3/12).
- The Tigers recorded a total of 26 assists the most since playing UT-Martin on November 23, 2010 when the Tigers recorded 29.
- The Tigers swatted a season high eight blocks, the most since playing UAB (1/7/12) when they recorded 11.
- Shaq Goodwin (17-points, 12-rebounds) notched his first career double-double. Goodwin is the second Memphis player this season to record a double-double, with Chris Crawford being the other (18-points, 12-rebounds; UNI, 11/24/12).
- Shaq Goodwin (17), Adonis Thomas (15), Chris Crawford (14), Joe Jackson (13) and Geron Johnson (13) all scored in double-figures. The last time Memphis had five players score in double-digits was against Marshall in the 2012 Conference USA Men's Basketball Tournament (3/10/12). This is the fifth time this season that at least three Tigers have scored in double-figures.
- Memphis' 93-points was the team's highest total since scoring 91-points against Austin Peay (12/3/12).
- The 12 rebounds by Shaq Goodwin are the most by a Memphis freshman since Kareem Cooper had 13 on February 14, 2006 against Southern Miss.