Nov. 29, 2013
Recap | Box Score
No. 21/19 Memphis (4-1) 76, LSU (4-2) 69
Nov. 29, 2013
HP Field House (Lake Buena Vista, Fla.)
|| Memphis vs. LSU - Series Notes
With the win tonight, Memphis now leads the all-time series with LSU 4-2.
Memphis has now won the last three meetings at neutral sites. Before tonight, In the last meeting in 2010-11, Memphis defeated LSU 70-61 in the Global Sports Challenge in Tupelo, Miss. (Nov. 21, 2010). Memphis also won the other neutral-site encounter in the 1992 Maui Invitational, a 70-66 victory in the tournament's third-place contest (Nov. 23, 1992).
|| Memphis vs. LSU - Team Notes
- Memphis forced 24 LSU turnovers in tonight's game, and has forced 20+ turnovers in a game three times this season (forced 22 against Austin Peay on Nov. 14 and forced 20 against Siena on Nov. 28).
- Memphis earned the 76-69 victory after erasing a four-point halftime deficit. This is the first come-from-behind win of the season for Memphis, and the first come-from-behind win for Memphis since Jan. 22, 2013 against Tulane. In that game, Memphis trailed the Green Wave 36-30 at halftime before pulling away after halftime for a 71-60 win at FedEx Forum.
- This was the first come-from-behind win for Memphis at a neutral site since the Battle 4 Atlantis matchup against Northern Iowa in Paradise Island, Bahamas on Nov. 24, 2012. On that day, Memphis trailed 26-22 at halftime, but outscored the Panthers by nine after the break to earn a 52-47 win.
- Memphis is now 11-2 (.846 winning percentage) when playing NCAA Division I opponents in the state of Florida, and now has a 4-2 mark when playing in in-season tournaments in the Sunshine State.
- With the victory, Memphis improved to 6-2 all-time when playing in the Orlando area.
- Memphis now has a 105-77 all-time record (.577 winning percentage) against members of the Southeastern Conference, and holds a four-game winning streak against SEC foes.
- Under head coach Josh Pastner, Memphis is now 5-3 versus the SEC.
|| Memphis vs. LSU - Player Notes
- Senior Joe Jackson moved up to 18th on the Memphis career-scoring chart after finishing with 16 points on Friday night. Jackson now has 1,283 career points as a Tiger.
- Senior Chris Crawford inched closer to the 1,000-career point milestone after his 17-point performance against LSU. Crawford now has 971 career points and is just 29 points away from the 1,000-point plateau.
- Freshman Austin Nichols was the leading scorer for Memphis tonight, posting 19 points for his third straight double-figure game. Nichols also led the team in rebounds in tonight's game with eight.
|| Up Next for Memphis
- Memphis will face the No. 5/8 Oklahoma State Cowboys (7-0) on Sunday, Dec. 1, at 6:30 p.m. CT on ESPN2 in the championship game of the 2013 Old Spice Classic.
- This will be the first time Memphis has played a non-conference opponent twice during the regular season since Memphis and Tennessee squared off twice during the 2011-12 campaign.