Dec. 8, 2012
Box Score |
Photo Gallery |
AP Photo Gallery
Memphis (6-2) 83, Austin Peay (4-5) 65
December 8, 2012
FedExForum (Memphis, Tenn.)
- This was the 22nd meeting between the two programs with Memphis leading the all-time series 18-4.
- Memphis is 107-65 all-time against teams from the Ohio Valley Conference.
- The Tigers are 16-1 when playing Austin Peay in Memphis.
- Geron Johnson notched a career/season high with four steals and six assists. His previous high of three rebounds last came against Ohio (12/5/12), with his previous high of five assists coming against Northern Iowa (11/24/12).
- Shaq Goodwin recorded a career/season high in assists with four; his previous high was three coming against Ohio (12/5/12). Goodwin also tied a career high with four steals, the second time he has done so.
- D.J. Stephens recorded a season high with nine rebounds and tied a season high with two assists. His previous high of eight rebounds came against Northern Iowa (11/24/12), while his last two-assist game came against VCU (11/22/12).
- Chris Crawford notched a season high for steals with four. Crawford’s previous high was three coming against Minnesota (11/23/12).
- Tarik Black led Memphis with 18-points, his second time to lead the team this season.
- D.J. Stephens hauled in nine rebounds to lead the Tigers, his third time to lead the team this season.
- Geron Johnson and Chirs Crawford each dished out six assists to lead the team. It was the second time for Johnson and the fourth time for Crawford to lead the Tigers in assists.
- Chris Crawford, Shaq Goodwin and Geron Johnson each recorded four steals to lead Memphis. The first time for Crawford, the second time for Johnson and the fourth time for Goodwin to lead the team.
- This was the Tigers 150th win at FedExForum. Memphis is now 150-17 (.898) since the first game at FedExForum the 2004-05. The 150 wins on the home court rank tops in the country ahead of Ohio State (139).
- Under head coach Josh Pastner, the Tigers are 32-4 at FedExForum against non-league opponents.
- Tarik Black (18), Geron Johnson (14), Joe Jackson (12), Antonio Barton (10) and D.J. Stephens (10) each recorded double-digits scoring. This marks the second game in a row with five Tigers in double-figures, the fourth game this season with at least four and the seventh game this season with at least three.
- The Tigers’ 57 bench points is the most since the bench recorded 60 against UT Martin on November 23, 2010.