Dec. 15, 2012
Box Score |
Photo Gallery 1 |
Photo Gallery 2
Memphis (6-4) 78, No.6 Louisville (9 -1) 87
December 15, 2012
FedExForum (Memphis, Tenn.)
- This was the 87th-meeting between the two programs.
- Louisville leads the all-time series 53-34.
- Louisville has won the last four meetings with Memphis.
- The Tigers are 22-16 all-time when playing Louisville in Memphis, Tenn.
- Joe Jackson tied a career high with three treys and a career high in three point attempts with four; Jackson’s last sank three treys in a game against East Carolina (3/11/11). Jackson also recorded a season high in points with 23; his previous was 15 against Northern Iowa (11/24/12). Additionally, the Memphis, Tenn., native tied a season high with eight assists.
- Tarik Black notched a season high with 21-points; his previous high was 18 coming against Austin Peay (12/8/12).
- D.J. Stephens recorded a season high with three blocks. Stephen’s previous high was one which he last recorded against Austin Peay (12/8/12).
- The Tigers committed a season high in turnovers with 24. The previous high was 23 against Austin Peay (12/8/12).
- Memphis was charged a season high 30 fouls. The previous high was 26 against Minnesota (11/23/12).
- Joe Jackson led the team in scoring with 23-points, this first time this season he has led the team.
- D.J. Stephens and Geron Johnson each led the Tigers with eight rebounds. The fourth time for Stephens and first time for Johnson.
- Joe Jackson led Memphis with eight assists, the sixth time he has led the team in 2012.
- Adonis Thomas, D.J. Stephens and Tarik Black each had two steals to lead Memphis.
- D.J. Stephens recorded three blocks to lead the Tigers, the fourth time he has done so this season.
- Joe Jackson (23), Tarik Black (21), Geron Johnson (12), D.J. Stephens (10) all hauled in double-figures for Memphis. The marks the fourth game in a row with at least four Tigers in double-digits scoring. The Tigers are 3-3 on the season when at least three players score in double-figures.
- Joe Jackson (23) now has seven double-digit scoring games in 2012 to lead Memphis. For his career, Jackson has 42 double-figure scoring games for his career. Jackson’s 23 points is the highest single game total by a Memphis player in 2012 and is the third player this season to score 20 or more points in a game.
- Memphis is 5-1 on the season when leading at the half.
- The Tigers are 3-3 on the season when they commit 15 or more turnovers.