Dec. 20, 2012
Box Score |
Memphis (7-3) 62, Lipscomb (5-6) 56
December 20, 2012
FedExForum (Memphis, Tenn.)
- This was the eighth meeting between the two programs
- Memphis leads the all-time series 7-1
- The Tigers have a 6-0 record when playing Lipscomb in Memphis, Tenn.
- Chris Crawford recorded a career-high seven steals. Crawford’s previous high was five which he last recorded against Tulane (2/15/12).
- Tarik Black hauled in a season-high nine rebounds. Black’s previous season-high was seven which he last recorded against Northern Iowa (11/24/12).
- Antonio Barton tied a career-high with five steals. Barton last recorded five steals against Centenary (11/12/10).
- The Tigers recorded a season-high 18 steals against Lipscomb. The previous high was 15 coming against Austin Peay (12/8/12).
- Memphis sank a season-high 21 free throws. The previous high was 17 coming against Samford (11/17/12).
- Adonis Thomas led the Tigers in scoring with 18 points, the third time he has led the team this season.
- Tarik Black led the team with nine rebounds, the second time he has led the Tigers this season.
- Chris Crawford and Geron Johnson each handed out three assists to lead Memphis, the fifth time for Crawford to lead the Tigers and the first for Johnson.
- Tarik Black notched two blocks to lead the team, the fifth time he has led the team this season.
- Chris Crawford led the Tigers with seven steals, the second time he has led Memphis this season.
- Memphis’ 18 steals are the most by the Tigers since playing Centenary (11/12/10) when they recorded 18.
- Chris Crawford’s seven steals ties the most by a Tiger in the last 10 years. The last player to do it was Tyreke Evans against Northeastern (12/31/08).
- Adonis Thomas (18), Joe Jackson (15), Shaq Goodwin (11) and Geron Johnson (10) each notched double figures in scoring. This was the fifth game in a row with at least four Tigers in double digits.
- Joe Jackson notched his team-leading eighth double-figure scoring game this season. For his career, Jackson has 43 double-digit scoring games. This marks the sixth game in a row for Jackson to record double digits.
- Memphis is 4-3 on the season when at least three players record double figures in scoring.