Dec. 28, 2012
Box Score |
Photo Gallery 1 |
Photo Gallery 2
Memphis (8-3) 72, Oral Roberts (5-7) 57
December 28, 2012
FedExForum (Memphis, Tenn.)
- This was the eighth meeting between the two programs.
- Memphis leads the all-time series 6-2
- Memphis is 3-0 when playing Oral Roberts in Memphis.
- Memphis has won the last six meetings with Oral Roberts.
- Damien Wilson notched a new season/career high with nine points and set new career/season highs with two rebounds and one block. Wilson’s previous career high in points was six coming against UT Martin (11/29/12).
- Antonio Barton recorded a season-high with 17-points. His previous season-high was 14-points coming against Samford (11/17/12).
- D.J. Stephens set career highs with 14-rebounds and five blocks. Stephens’ previous high in rebounds was 11 coming against Western Kentucky (12/4/10), with his previous high of four blocks coming against Southern Miss (2/12/11).
- Memphis tied a season-high with nine blocks. The Tigers last recorded eight blocks against UT Martin (11/29/12).
- Antonio Barton led the Tigers in scoring with 17-points, the first time to lead the team this season.
- D.J. Stephens led the team in rebounds with 14, the fifth time he has led the Tigers this season.
- Joe Jackson handed out five assists to lead Memphis, the seventh time he has led the team this season.
- D.J. Stephens recorded five blocks to lead the Tigers, the fifth time he has led the team this season.
- Geron Johnson led Memphis in steals, his first time lead the team this season.
- Oral Roberts was the fourth of six teams making their first trip to FedExForum this year. The Tigers are a perfect 4-0 against FedExForum newbies on the season.
- The Tigers carry a record of 70-11 and a winning-percentage of .864 in regular-season contests played against non-conference opponents at FedExForum since moving to the arena in the 2004-05 season.
- D.J. Stephens (14) notched double-figures rebounding, marking the second time in his career that he has done so.
- Antonio Barton (17) and Joe Jackson (13) each recorded double-figures scoring. The Tigers are 2-0 on the season with one or two players in double-digits.
- Joe Jackson leads the team with nine double-figure scoring games this season. For his career, Jackson has 44-double-digit scoring games.
- The Tigers shot 52.0 –percent from the floor. Memphis is 4-2 on the season when shooting 50-percent or better.
- Memphis held the nation’s 9th leading scorer, Warren Niles, to just two points (1-for-11). He came into the game averaging over 20 points per game.