Dec. 28, 2013
Box Score |
Photo Gallery |
|| Series Notes
- Memphis improved its series record to 15-1 (.938 winning percentage) versus Jackson State with today’s win.
- Josh Pastner is 3-0 versus Jackson State.
|| Interesting Tidbit
- Josh Pastner’s first game as a collegiate head coach and as the Tigers head coach came against Jackson State in the 2009-10 season. Memphis gave Pastner a victory in his first game with an 82-53 win Nov. 13, 2009 (it was a Friday the 13th).
|| Team Notes
- Today’s attendance was 15,797. In the countdown to the 4-million attendance mark in the 21st century, the Tigers now are just over 3,000 fans away (3,134) from reaching that mark.
- When the 4-milllion mark is reached in the Jan. 4 American Athletic Conference home opener versus Cincinnati, Memphis will be only the fifth school at the NCAA Division I level to do so.
- Kentucky, Louisville, North Carolina and Syracuse are the other four NCAA Division I programs to have reached the 4-million mark for home attendance in the 21st century.
- Memphis improved its record versus the Southwestern Athletic Conference (SWAC) to 26-1 (.963 winning pct.). The Tigers’ only setback to a SWAC foe was to Jackson State in the 1993-94 season. Jackson State posted a 79-74 win over Memphis at The Pyramid Dec. 27, 1993.
- The Tigers had 14 turnovers at the half of today’s game and finished with 19 for the contest. In the previous five games, Memphis averaged only 11.2 turnovers per contest (includes three games with single-digit miscues).
- Memphis won the rebound battle 45-35 over Jackson State today. It’s the first time since Dec. 13 (versus UALR) that the Tigers had the rebound edge.
- The Tigers shot 59.4 percent (19-of-32) from the free throw line today. In its previous four games, Memphis had shot 72.1 percent from the charity stripe (62-of-86).
|| Players Notes
- Senior Chris Crawford played in his 107th-consecutive contest vs. Jackson State today.
- Shaq Goodwin netted double figures (13 points) for the eighth time in 11 games this season. Goodwin only had 13 double-figure games all of the 2012-13 season.
- Joe Jackson moved up the Memphis career scoring chart with his 11 points vs. Jackson State Saturday. He remained in 15th place with 1,373 points. Up next for Jackson is Robert Dozier, who is No. 14 with 1,381 career points from 2005-09.
- Chris Crawford also moved up the Tigers career scoring list with his eight points vs. Jackson State Saturday. He now is in the No. 44 spot with 1,029 career points, moving ahead of Antonio Burks (1,028) and Lorenzen Wright (1,026).
- David Pellom had his 44th career game in which he shot 50 percent or better with a minimum of four FGA in the game. Pellom went 5-for-5 from the field and had 12 points against Jackson State.
|| Up Next
- Memphis opens American Athletic Conference play Tuesday, Dec. 31 at USF. Game time is 6 p.m. (CT). ESPN2 is televising the Tigers-Bulls contest.