Dec. 30, 2012
Box Score |
Memphis (9-3) 78, Loyola (MD) (9-5) 64
December 30, 2012
FedExForum (Memphis, Tenn.)
- This was the first meeting between the two programs.
- Memphis carries an all-time record of 9-4 against teams from the Metro Atlantic Athletic Conference.
- Memphis has won the last seven meetings against Metro Atlantic Athletic Conference teams.
- Joe Jackson notched a season-high 10 free throws and 12 free throw attempts. Jackson’s previous high of seven free throws made came against Samford (11/17/12), while his previous high of 12 free throw attempts came against Lipscomb (12/20/12).
- Stan Simpson tied a season high with four rebounds. Simpson last recorded four rebounds against UT Martin (11/29/12).
- Geron Johnson notched a career-high three blocks. Johnson’s previous high was one which he recorded two times, with the last coming against Louisville (12/15/12).
- The Tigers set a season high with nine blocks against Loyola, Md. Memphis’ previous high was eight swats coming against Oral Roberts (12/28/12).
- Memphis set a season high with 29 free throws made and 41 free throws attempted. The previous high of 21 free throws made and 39 attempts came against Lipscomb (12/20/12).
- Joe Jackson led the Tigers in scoring with 22 points, the second time he has led the Tigers this season.
- D.J. Stephens led the team in rebounds with seven, the sixth time he has led Memphis this season.
- Joe Jackson led Memphis in assists with seven, the eighth time he has led the Tigers this season.
- Shaq Goodwin led the Tigers with three steals, the fifth time he has led Memphis this season.
- Geron Johnson led Memphis with three blocks, the second time he has led the Tigers in the 2012-13 campaign.
- The Tigers are 155-70 (.689 winning percentage) all-time against first-time opponents. Since the 2000-01 season, Memphis is 28-2 (.933 winning percentage) against first-time foes.
- Memphis head coach Josh Pastner is 7-0 against first time opponents.
- Joe Jackson (22 points) scored 20 or more points for the second time this season and now leads the team in 20-point games. This marks the fifth time in the 2012-13 campaign that a Memphis player has scored 20 or more points.
- Joe Jackson (22 points), Shaq Goodwin (15 points) and Geron Johnson (10 points) all recorded double-figures scoring. Jackson leads the Tigers with 10 double-digit games. Memphis is 5-3 when at least three players notch double-figures in scoring.