Memphis Postgame Notes
Sept. 10, 2011
Game Two - at Arkansas State - September 10, 2011 - Jonesboro, Ark.
· Senior receiver Tannar Rehrer set a career high with five receptions today. His previous high was three, which he accomplished four times, including last week against Mississippi State. He finished with 24 yards receiving.
· Tannar Rehrer hauled in four receptions in the first quarter alone, marking the first time since 2009 that a Memphis receiver caught four passes in a single quarter. The last Tiger to do so was Carlos Singleton in the third quarter against East Carolina in '09.
· Marcus Rucker extended his receiving streak to 14 games with his 12-yard grab near the sideline late in the second quarter. He led the team with 34 yards receiving on four catches.
· Redshirt-junior Akeem Davis led the team with a career best 11 tackles with 1.5 tackles for loss.
· Redshirt-junior Cannon Smith had a career best 10 tackles in his second start at strong safety.
· Sophomore Johnnie Farms had a career best four tackles for loss with 1.5 sacks and eight tackles.
SPECIAL TEAMS NOTES
· Paulo Henriques put the first points on the scoreboard for Memphis with his 37-yard field goal with 3:57 remaining in the second quarter. Henriques is 9-for-9 in field goals under 40 yards in his career. Henriques was one for two today with his miss being a 52 yarder in the first quarter.
· Sophomore punter Tom Hornsey booted eight punts for 350 yards today. He had one punt over 50 yards and pinned ASU inside the 20 four times.
· Bakari Hollier returned kickoffs today and logged 99 yards on five returns.
· Johnnie Farms recorded a block field goal in the fourth quarter, Memphis' first blocked field goal since a blocked field goal in 2010.