Fan Information for Saturday Football Game vs Austin Peay
Aug. 28, 2014
The University of Memphis football team opens its 2014 season against Austin Peay, Saturday, at 6:00 p.m. at Liberty Bowl Memorial Stadium. Answers to some frequently asked questions for fans attending the game can be found below.
10:00 AM: All parking lots will open at 10:00 a.m.
- The Memphis Tigers are once again investing in the "game day experience" with the Tailgate Concert Series, presented by Horsehoe Casino Tunica.
- All concerts will be FREE at Tan Lot 13A prior to each home game
- Concert Acts
- More information on the Tailgate Concert Series can be found HERE.
$5 tickets are still available for purchase from all 42 Memphis-area Kroger stores. Tickets can be purchased at Kroger until kickoff on Saturday and $1 from each of the end zone ticket sold through Kroger will be donated to the "Million Meals Challenge," benefitting Mid-South food banks. $5 tickets from Kroger will not be available for purchase at stadium ticket offices. Find your nearest Kroger store by clicking HERE.
University of Memphis students receive free admission with a valid university ID. Each U of M student may also purchase up to two guest tickets for $7.00 apiece at the Ticket Office located in the Penny Hardaway Hall of Fame at the Athletic Office Building. Student tickets will also be sold at Gate 6 on game days. Student guests can enter at Gate 6.
Single game tickets in the Fun Zone are $15 apiece and Prime Seats are available for $35 apiece on gameday. Purchased in advance, tickets in the Fun Zone are $10 and Prime Seats are available for $30 apiece. They can be purchased online HERE or by calling 901-678-2331. For handicap seating, please call Tiger Ticket Office at 901-678-2331.
Gate 1 - 12 p.m. until halftime (general WILL CALL and sales)
Gate 2 - 4:30 p.m. until halftime (visiting team students and player's family will call)
Gate 3 - 3 p.m. until halftime (No will call; general sales)
Gate 4 - 4:30 p.m. until halftime (Memphis Tigers player family tickets will call)
Gate 5 - 4:30 p.m. until halftime (high school coaches & recruits)
Gate 6 - 4:30 p.m. until halftime (U of M student gate, student ID check, student guest tickets)
Media Will Call - 3 p.m.
Tiger Lane Ticket Towers - 12 p.m. until halftime (general ticket sales)
- Children 3 and under do not need a ticket.
- Fans who do not have a season parking pass can pay in the Cash lots. Cost is $15 per space that any vehicle may take (buses, RVs, etc.). No connections are available.
- Cash Parking lots will open at 10 a.m. on game day.
- The following three lots are cash lots for Saturday:
- Lot 4 is the ADA parking lot
- Express Lane Parking is available for fans who have pre-purchased parking and is encouraged to avoid long lines. Prepaid Blue, Red and Gold lot pass holders should enter at Access Point #4 (Fuller Drive off South Hollywood). Tiger Lane pass holders should enter at Access Points #8 and 9 (Tiger Lane North and Tiger Lane South off of East Parkway).
Blue Line Shuttle: (Click here for additional information on the Blue Line Shuttle from campus)
- The Blue Line Shuttle will run from the parking lot on Central Avenue on campus beginning at 4:00 p.m. and running continuously during the game. Shuttles will continue to bring riders to the parking lot on Central for up to an hour after the conclusion of the game.
- Everyone riding the Blue Line Shuttle must have a University of Memphis ID or be accompanied by someone with a U of M ID to ride. There is no cost to ride the Blue Line Shuttle.
- There is an app available to track the location of the shuttle. You can download the app at memphis.transloc.com and track the Pink Charter Route.
- The Blue Line will drop off at Tiger Lane until 6:30 p.m., then will drop off and pick up riders at Gate 6 (off Hollywood).
MATA Shuttles: There are no MATA shuttles to Liberty Bowl Memorial Stadium.
- The Hospitality Tent on Tiger Lane is open to Alumni Association, Tiger Scholarship Fund, M Club and the general public. Cost is $10 per person for non-members.
- A pep rally featuring the Mighty Sound of the South Marching Band and the Tiger Spirit Squads will take place at the fountain on Tiger Lane at 5:15 p.m.
- Also new this year is a Grill Zone - Memphis Football and the Highland Hundred will offer the Grill Zone on Tiger Lane near Paul "Bear" Bryant Avenue. A number of grills will be available for community use at no charge. Fans who don't already have a tailgating spot are encouraged to bring their coolers to the Grill Zone. A free valet service for coolers will also be provided so that fans can leave their coolers and pick them up outside the stadium after the game.
- Goodwill will be giving away 20,000 Thundersticks prior to the game.
- Game programs will be sold at all Tiger Bookstore stands in the stadium and on Tiger Lane
- Prohibited Items in Liberty Bowl Memorial Stadium include umbrellas, artificial noisemakers, baby strollers, outside food and drink, camcorders, weapons, professional cameras (defined as a lens longer than 8 inches), camera cases, coolers, ice chests, bottles, banners judged to be in bad taste or bearing advertisement, flags or poles, illegal substances, beach balls, footballs, laptop computers, and laser pens.
- There is no re-entry during any part of a game. All guests must have a ticket or credential at all times on game day in order to enter the building.
A radio broadcast from the game will be carried on AM600 WREC in Memphis. That radio broadcast will also be available for subscribers of a Memphis All-Access package through www.GoTigersGo.com/collegesportslive.
WAMB-AM 1160 in Nashville and WJAK-AM 1460 in Jackson, Tennessee will also carry the Memphis Tigers' football radio broadcast. Saturday's game vs. Austin Peay will be carried on the internet on ESPN3.com. To see if you can access the WatchESPN game day app on your computer or hand-held device, please check out our information page HERE.
Fans can get information on Game Day promotions from the @TigersAthletics Twitter account. Game time notes and notables will be tweeted from @TigersMedia on Twitter.