Information for Fans for Saturday's Football Game vs. UT Martin
Nov. 7, 2013
MEMPHIS - -
The University of Memphis football team hosts UT Martin, Saturday, in a non-conference match-up at 3:30 p.m. on ESPN3 from Liberty Bowl Memorial Stadium. Some frequently asked questions for fans attending the game can be found below.
- Parking will be affected by the Homecoming Parade which begins at 10:30 a.m. The parade will stage at Tobey Park at 8:30 a.m. and will leave Tobey Park at 10:30 a.m. Fans holding parking passes for the Blue Lots and/or Tiger Lane are asked to arrive at Liberty Bowl Memorial Stadium prior to the 10:30 a.m. parade start or after 12:30 p.m. when the event is scheduled to be complete. Read the release HERE on the parade route and timing.
- Fans who do not have a season parking pass can pay in the Cash lots. Cost is $10 per space that any vehicle may take (buses, RVs, etc.). No connections are available. Parking lots will open at 10 a.m. on game day.
- The following three lots are cash lots for Saturday:
- Lot 4 is the ADA parking lot
- Express Lane Parking is available for fans who have pre-purchased parking and is encouraged to avoid long lines. Prepaid Blue, Red and Gold lot pass holders should enter at Access Point #4 (Fuller Drive off South Hollywood). Tiger Lane pass holders should enter at Access Points #8 and 9 (Tiger Lane North and Tiger Lane South off of East Parkway).
Blue Line Shuttle: (Click here for additional information on the Blue Line Shuttle from campus)
- The Blue Line Shuttle will run from the parking lot on Central Avenue on campus beginning two hours before kickoff and running continuously during the game. Shuttles will continue to bring riders to the parking lot on Central for up to an hour after the conclusion of the game.
- Everyone riding the Blue Line Shuttle must have a University of Memphis ID or be accompanied by someone with a U of M ID to ride. There is no cost to ride the Blue Line Shuttle.
- There is an app available to track the location of the shuttle. You can download the app at memphis.transloc.com and track the Pink Charter Route.
- The Blue Line will drop off at Tiger Lane until 3 p.m., then will drop off and pick up riders at Gate 6 (off Hollywood).
MATA Shuttles: There are no MATA shuttles to Liberty Bowl Memorial Stadium.
- University of Memphis students receive free admission with a valid university ID. Each U of M student may also purchase up to two guest tickets for $7.00 apiece at the Ticket Office located in the Penny Hardaway Hall of Fame at the Athletic Office Building. Student tickets will also be sold at Gate 6 on game days. Student guests can enter at Gate 6.
- Single game tickets in the Fun Zone are $10 apiece and Prime Seats are available for $30 apiece. They can be purchased online at www.GoTigersGo.com/Tickets, by calling 901-678-2331 or can be purchased at the gate.
Gate 1 – 12 p.m. until halftime (general WILL CALL and sales)
Gate 2 – 2 p.m. until halftime (visiting team students and player’s family will call)
Gate 3 – 1 p.m. until halftime (No will call; general sales/Cash only)
Gate 4 – 2 p.m. until halftime (Memphis Tigers player family tickets will call)
Gate 5 – 2 p.m. until end of first quarter (high school coaches & recruits)
Gate 6 – 2 p.m. until halftime (U of M student gate, student ID check, student guest tickets)
Media Will Call – 1 p.m.
Tiger Lane Ticket Towers – 12 p.m. until halftime (general ticket sales)
- Group tickets can be purchased from the University of Memphis Ticket Office through Friday, November 8th. Tickets for groups of 10-99 people are $8 each; 100-299 people are $6 each and groups of 300 or more are $5.00 each. Please call 901-678-2331 to purchase group tickets.
- Children 3 and under do not need a ticket.
- For a complete list of Homecoming Activities, check out the Alumni Association Website.
- Tiger Walk is scheduled for approximately 1:10 p.m. Fans are encouraged to gather on Tiger Lane near the fountain for the Tiger Walk.
- Popular band The Soul Outsiders will perform on Tiger Lane beginning at 12:30 p.m.
- Beginning at 12:30 p.m., the Memphis athletics Department is also providing free inflatables and other interactive games for fans.
- New to Tiger Lane is the TSF/Alumni tent, which opens at 12:30 p.m. The tent features food and beverages and can be accessed by the general public for a $10 donation to the Tiger Scholarship Fund.
- The pre-game radio show on AM600 hosted by Forrest Goodman and featuring Jarvis Greer, Matt Dillon and Dave Woloshin will be broadcast live from Tiger Lane beginning at 1:30 p.m.
- The Memphis drum line will perform on Tiger Lane at 2:15 p.m.
- A pep rally featuring the Mighty Sound of the South Marching Band and the Tiger Spirit Squads will take place at the fountain on Tiger Lane at 2:45 p.m.
- Also new this year is a Grill Zone – Memphis Football and the Highland Hundred will offer the Grill Zone on Tiger Lane near Paul “Bear” Bryant Avenue. A number of grills will be available for community use at no charge. Fans who don’t already have a tailgating spot are encouraged to bring their coolers to the Grill Zone. A free valet service for coolers will also be provided so that fans can leave their coolers and pick them up outside the stadium after the game.
- Game programs will be sold at all Tiger Bookstore stands in the stadium and on Tiger Lane
Prohibited Items in Liberty Bowl Memorial Stadium include umbrellas, artificial noisemakers, baby strollers, outside food and drink, camcorders, weapons, professional cameras (defined as a lens longer than 8 inches), camera cases, coolers, ice chests, bottles, banners judged to be in bad taste or bearing advertisement, flags or poles, illegal substances, beach balls, footballs, laptop computers, and laser pens.
- There is no re-entry during any part of a game. All guests must have a ticket or credential at all times on game day in order to enter the building.
A radio broadcast from the game will be carried on AM600 WREC in Memphis. That radio broadcast will also be available for subscribers of a Memphis All-Access package through www.GoTigersGo.com/AllAccess.
WAMB-AM 1160 in Nashville and WJAK-AM 1460 in Jackson, Tennessee will also carry the Memphis Tigers’ football radio broadcast.
Saturday afternoon’s game will be carried on ESPN3.com.
Fans can get information on Game Day promotions from the @TigersAthletics Twitter account. Game time notes and notables will be tweeted from @TigersMedia on Twitter.
A Cover It Live chat will be hosted before and during the football game. Fans can follow along by clicking on the Live Gameday Blog off the football preview story on www.GoTigersGo.com.