Tigers Weather Golden Hurricanes in 2-2 Draw
1 2 OT 2OT F
Tulsa (8-4-1, 2-1-1 C-USA) 1 0 0 0 0
Memphis (4-5-3, 0-1-2 C-USA) 2 1 0 0 0
Quick Stats MEM Opp.
Shots 17 14
Shots On Goal 7 7
Saves 5 3
Corner Kicks 9 1
Offsides 6 7
Fouls 15 16
Statistical Leaders
Goals Assists Shots Minutes
Mark Sherrod 2 0 8 110:00
Benjamin Ciosanski 0 0 2 76:00
Jordan Johnson 0 1 1 110:00
Liam Collins 0 1 0 110:00
GA Saves Min
Conor Hurley (4-5-3) 2



MEMPHIS, Tenn.- 

Box Score

Memphis (4-5-3, 0-1-2) battled Tulsa (8-4-1, 2-1-1) to a 2-2 draw on Saturday at Mike Rose Stadium. The match was Memphis' seventh overtime game this season tying the program record set in 2007.

Tulsa struck first in the 16th-minute on a goal by Cristian Mata. Tony Rocha took a shot that was deflected by the Memphis defense, Mata then booted the rebound from 12-yards off the left side for the score. The goal was Mata's 10th of the season.

Memphis answered in the 26th-minute when Tulsa fouled Memphis just past midfield. Liam Collins booted the free-kick from 45-yards, Mark Sherrodfinished with a header from seven-yards to the right post equalizing the score 1-1.

Memphis took the lead on Mark Sherrod's seventh goal of the season in the 40th-minute. Jordan Johnsonserved the ball into the box from the right side, Sherrod finished with a header to the post giving the Tigers a 2-1 lead.

In the second half, Tulsa tied the match on a goal by Bryce Follensbee. Akeil Barrett played the ball into the box, Follensbee then finished with a header inside the left post evening the score at two-all.

In the 70th-minute, the Memphis defense was tested by the Golden Hurricane attack. Cristian Matta fired a laser from 15-yards-out; Tigers-goalkeeper Conor Hurley held his ground making the save to keep Memphis in business.

The Tigers had several opportunities as time wound down, keeping control of the physical match. Sherrod attempted two headers that both missed wide. With under four-minutes to play, Chandler Gagnon nailed a shot from 35-yards-out that just missed wide.

The Tigers stayed in control of the match during the first overtime period tallying four corner-kicks. The Tigers-defense allowed no shots by Tulsa forcing a second overtime period for the third time this season.

In the second overtime, Tulsa went on the attack first as Mata once against tested Hurley in the net, with Hurley collecting his fifth save of the game. Benjamin Ciosanski retuned the favor for Memphis, taking a shot with 106th-minute but Tulsa goalkeeper Mark Pais was there to make the stop

The Tigers return to action at South Carolina, on Saturday, October 20 with kickoff set for 6 p.m. (CT). For more information on the University of Memphis men's soccer program and all Tigers-athletics please visit GoTigersGo.com.



Rotating image
Twitter Facebook YouTube Instagram Tumblr FourSquare Pintrist