Oct. 17, 2012
Over the next nine weeks we will spotlight each member of the Memphis women's golf team. The 10 questions series starts out with sophomore Natalie Turk. Turk hails from Brentwood, Tenn., and attended Ravenwood High School. Turk recently turned in the best round of her career to date when she posted a two-over 74 in the final round of the Mercedes Benz Intercollegiate.
- Why did you choose Memphis?
I chose Memphis because it was an all-around great fit for me. The facilities and golf courses we play are first class. Not to mention the U of M has great opportunities for my academic interests.
- What's your favorite class at Memphis so far?
My favorite class so far is Anatomy and Physiology.
- Other than golf, what sport would you be playing?
If I wasn't playing golf I would definitely be playing basketball.
- What is the best golf advice you have received?
The best golf advice I have ever been given is if you give 100% on every single shot, you have succeeded. Simple but true.
- If you could play a round of golf with anyone, who would it be?
If I could play a round of golf with anyone it would be Rory McIlroy and Bubba Watson.
- Who is your golf role model and why?
My golf role model is and always will be Payne Stewart.
- If you were stranded on an island, what is one item you would take with you?
If I was stranded on an island I would bring a boat with a full tank of gas...then I wouldn't be so stranded.
- If there was a team American Idol competition, who would win, why? Who would finish last, why?
Andrea Cropper would win a team American Idol competition because she has the most musical background...the other 8 of us would all finish last.
- If you were an animal, what animal would you be and why?
If I could be any animal I would be my dog Cayenne because of her loving characteristics and her laid back lifestyle.
- Do you have any pre-round superstitions? During round superstitions? What are they?
I don't really have any pre-round superstitions except saying the same prayer before every round. During the round I try my best to stay away from superstition.