Nov. 27, 2012
In the fifth part of our nine part series, we put freshman Andrea Cropper in the spotlight. Cropper hails from Nashville, Tenn., and attended Franklin Road Academy. She did not play in any tournaments this fall and plans on taking a redshirt year in 2012-13.
- Why did you choose Memphis?
I was able to find a great golf team with an amazing coach here at Memphis, and I am so lucky to finally be a part of the Tiger golf family.
- What’s your favorite class at Memphis so far?
Anthropology, because I love learning about different societies throughout the world.
- Other than golf, what sport would you be playing?
Horseback riding, if you consider that a sport.
- What is the best golf advice you have received?
The most important thing to remember about golf is that it is just a sport. I have learned that my golf does not define the rest of my life, and that one day on the course can be vastly different from another.
- If you could play a round of golf with anyone, who would it be?
I would want to play with Natalie Gulbis, because I hear we are twins.
- Who is your golf role model and why?
My golf role model is Brandt Snedeker because he is truly a kind and thoughtful person, and is able to keep his cool under extreme pressure.
- If you were stranded on an island, what is one item you would take with you?
My sand wedge so I could practice my bunker shots on the beach.
- If there was a team American Idol competition, who would win, why? Who would finish last, why?
Julia Gerlach would win because she is always singing to American pop songs in my car, even though she is German. Ashley Kees would lose because she would refuse to sing.
- If you were an animal, what animal would you be and why?
I think I would be a golden retriever because I am always happy and super excited about life.
- Do you have any pre-round superstitions? During round superstitions? What are they?
During my round, if I begin to play poorly, I always blame it on my tees, and will change them periodically throughout the round.