Dec. 18, 2012
The seventh installment of our 10 questions series puts freshman Julia Gerlach in the spotlight. Gerlach hails from Munich, Germany and played in her first two collegiate tournaments this fall for the Lady Tigers. Her first tournament was the Mercedes Benz Intercollegiate where she posted a 241 (80-81-80). She then closed the fall season at Memphis’ home tournament, the FedEx Memphis Women’s Intercollegiate. Gerlach shot three 86’s for a tournament total of 258.
- Why did you choose Memphis?
The training facilities and the good weather
- What’s your favorite class at Memphis so far?
- Other than golf, what sport would you be playing?
Golf has been the main sport I played, but other from that it would be skiing.
- What is the best golf advice you have received?
The best golf advice I have received is to clear my head. Think of five things I can hear, see or feel while I’m walking to my next shot.
- If you could play a round of golf with anyone, who would it be?
Martin Kaymer and Bubba Watson
- Who is your golf role model and why?
Michelle Wie, because ever since I’ve played golf, she’s been a person I looked up to.
- If you were stranded on an island, what is one item you would take with you?
Music and headphones
- If there was a team American Idol competition, who would win, why? Who would finish last, why?
Andrea Cropper, I don’t know anyone who sings louder in the car than her.
- If you were an animal, what animal would you be and why?
I would be a bird, so I can see everything from the top.
- Do you have any pre-round superstitions? During round superstitions? What are they?
No pre-round superstitions, but if I play well, I will not change my ball, no matter how bad he looks.