Lilly Lebron Breaks School Record in 10,000 Meter Run
May 11, 2000
New Orleans, La.-- - Sophomore Lilly Lebron shattered her own school record in the 10,000 meter run at the Conference USA Track and Field Championships, Thursday. Lebron finished ninth in the event in a time of 40:12.29, breaking her own record of 40:27.94 from last season.
The Lady Tigers are in third at the end of the first day of competition after junior Kameilah Amaya finished second in the women's hammer throw. Junior Carla Hardy finished fourth to account for all 13 Lady Tiger points.
South Florida leads the field with 20 points, while Cincinnati (17), Memphis (13) and Marquette (10) round out the top four. The Bulls are seeking their first-ever outdoor C-USA team championship.
On the men's side, DePaul's Carey Ryan set a C-USA record and provisionally qualified for the NCAA Outdoor Championships in winning the hammer throw. The junior registered a mark of 211 feet, nine inches (64.54 meters) to win by more than 11 feet over teammate Nelson Morales.
Memphis native Jason Garrison finished fourth in the hammer.
Final WOMEN'S 10,000 METER RUN
1. Nicole McCarthy, South Florida, 37:04.09
2. Jen Dorna, South Florida, 37:09.73
3. Stacy Poole, Houston 37:40.31
4. Maribeth DiSalvo, Cincinnati, 37:43.94
5. Kim Shore, Louisville 37:49.14
6. Mary Vonckx, DePaul, 38:22.75
7. Stephanie Tutalo, Cincinnati 39:08.20
8. Katie Montague, South Florida 39:19.90
9. Lilly Lebron, Memphis 40:12.29
10. Anne Schneider,Marquette, 40:15.57
11. Monica Reyna, Houston 40:37.61
12. Rachel Nichols,Cincinnati, 42:23.99
13. Amanda Kara, Alabama-Birmingham 43:33.81
14. Kirsty Martin,Alabama-Birmingham 43:38.38
15. Diana Neira, Houston 45:04.88
- Swan Jackie,Marquette DNF, - Susan Barth, Marquette DNF.